I was so proud and happy
I have already completed 2 posts full of wedding photos, but failed to exhibit the Downton Abbey frock, with yours truly inside. So, with humble apologies, here I am. For those of you I meet here on Saturdays, who’ve probably missed all the good photos, here is the link for To the Manor Born. Lisa and Leo will be back from their Venice honeymoon by the time you read this, but I haven’t yet disturbed them. Let their bubble last just a little bit longer.
Proud and happy are also good descriptions for how I felt when I received the above award from Gallivance. THE SHINE ON AWARD highlights bloggers who are shining stars in the vast array of available blogs. Wow! Isn’t that just the best of compliments? And here I am, dressed for the ceremony. If you follow the link you will be introduced to a feast of talent.
In accepting this award, I’m tasked with sharing seven facts about myself :
1. I rate pretty highly on the “World’s clumsiest people” list. I even managed to collide with one of the antique chairs at the wedding reception. (ssh! I didn’t hurt it) A limp and a purple knee are all the damage.
2. I love sunrises and am awake to witness them probably more often than I would like. (a very pretty one is appearing over my shoulder as I type this)
3. I fizz and enthuse absolutely to the point of “no further” on occasion. That warning look appears in my husband’s eye, and I’ve learnt to “put a lid on it”. (well, almost)
4. That sunrise really IS lovely. I had to stop typing and grab the camera.
5. As well as the travel bug, I am becoming increasingly obsessed with photography. I can barely leave the house without a camera, and if I do, am constantly aware of superb photo opportunities everywhere.
6. I’ve stopped again because I’m bathed in a golden glow from this sunrise. Sadly it’s too bright to capture. I’ve got sunspots before my eyes from the attempt. My skill level in no way matches my enthusiasm.
7. I am desperately heavy on shoes, so it’s a good job I like going barefoot.
That’s too much about me, isn’t it? So, I’ve shared a link to Gallivance, listed my 7, and it’s time to pass on the award. I follow so many inspirational bloggers, but I’ve narrowed it down to these 5. I expect you already know some of them, but do spare the time to drop in. You’ll be in for a treat.
A Nomad in the land of Nizwa– I love Cath’s constant exploration of the world around her, and of herself.
Another day in Paradise– You just know you’re going to have a smile on your face when you finish reading one of Sylvia’s posts. And the photography- fabulous!
Jakesprinter– I first got drawn into the photo challenges thanks to the talents of this remarkable guy. I have absolutely no conception of how he achieves his graphics, but I am in awe.
The Urge to Wander– Madhu already has a trophy cabinet full of awards, and deservedly so, but if I’m talking about shining stars in the blogging world, I can’t possibly leave her out.
First and Fabulous– blogs about nothing, if you take Gemma at her word, but it’s often a very thought provoking nothing, and there’s a warm heart to this lady.
As usual, I’ve used and abused Cate’s 6WS, so go and see her to cheer her up at Show My Face. The header or the link will take you there. My previous posts are on my Six word Saturday page or the button below. See you next week?
You must be logged in to post a comment.